Can You Overcome Compulsive Behavior?
People everywhere live with compulsive behaviors of one kind or another. These compulsions can range from eating to hoarding to shopping to washing.
Although not necessarily negative actions, they can take over your life and can be very difficult to overcome.
Compulsive behaviors are actions or rituals (sometimes small), that are done repeatedly and don’t actually lead to accomplishing a goal or gaining a reward.
Lack of Control
If you have compulsive behaviors, you probably feel like:
- You have lost some control over your life…you do what you do because you feel you have to. You feel like your brain is programmed and you have no choice.
- You don’t understand why you feel the need to continue repeating these unwanted behaviors.
- You may feel ashamed or embarrassed.
- You may begin to avoid social situations.
- You perform these rituals with a desire to feel happy, good or relieved.
Often caused by an unresolved anxiety and low self esteem, these behaviors may make you feel good for a moment, but this moment is not lasting, and you’ll find yourself repeating the action again.
Hypnosis can be a great tool in overcoming unwanted behaviors.
Your compulsions are triggered by your thoughts, thoughts you are probably not even aware of that are embedded in your subconscious mind.
When negative thoughts or memories are triggered by an external situation, it’s like you go on auto-pilot and your compulsive behaviors take over.
Can you imagine how great it will be when:
- You no longer notice negative triggers
- You are not as prone to worry
- You find yourself much more relaxed and at peace
You can stop these unwanted negative responses and once again feel in control.
Contact: Linda Alexander, Hypntherapy Glasgow on 0141 632 1440 and 07875 493358